Torpo station is one of many local stations closed to cut cost and travel time.
Krøderbanen was never a part of Bergensbanen, officially, but did its part in the construction of the railway. Before bergensbanen was finished, trains ran up to the lake Krøderen and passengers were ferried across to reach Hallingdalen. This connection served many of the workes coming to build the line. After 1911, Krøderbanen lost its regional importance, and was closed in 1958. It is now a museum.
In the 90’s, a new line was constructed between Finse and Haugastøl, the highest part of the line, using mass from the Finse tunnel. The old lineage can be seen to the right, along with the old navvi road, a road supporting the construction of Bergensbanen.